- It’s ugly at first. Just keep sewing!
- Use lights, mediums and darks.
- It usually helps to add some brights. Too many grayed fabrics make a lifeless scrap quilt.
- If something sticks out too much, add MORE of it
- Small patches are easier to manage than large patches.
- Value is more important than color
- Go for variety in scale, which is the size of the print or pattern.
- You usually need something to tie it all together, like one fabric forsashing, or background, or borders. Sometimes a great black/white fabricwill do the trick. Sometimes it’s just the style of the fabric.
- Audition, audition, audition: vertical surface, standing WAY back.
- Great scrap quilts don’t just happen. It takes a lot of deliberation.
- You’ll get better with practice.
Visit the Stash Bandit blog for how-tos, my latest quilts and more! stashbandit.net
Follow me on Instagram: @stashbanditquilting
Like my Facebook page: Facebook.com/stashbandit
Do you have a friend or relative in a guild elsewhere? If so, please pass my name along as a potential speaker. I’d be ever grateful!
Diane Harris • Stash Bandit LLC • firstname.lastname@example.org 402 756 1541 • Bladen, NE • Visit stashbandit.net